compensation: Excellent benefits package. Salary range mid to upper 80’s. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
National Association of Secondary School Principals seeks Web Applications Developer who will be responsible for designing, editing building, installing and maintain web applications and content. Individual will work with web team and other IS staff members to create, test and maintain web applications.
Individual works with web team to develop web components for internal and external users. Manages web related project implementation. Recognizes the needs of users and creates new applications that answer those needs. Researches technical problems and suggests improvements for web applications. analyzes and integrates new web products/technologies with existing web applications to improve the web design and application functionality. Audits websites and fixes identified issues.
• Collaborates with web team and IS team members to consult with users about their web needs and recommends solutions.
• Manages projects involving integration of website and databases or other platforms through single sign on (SSO) or other web services.
• Understands emerging web technologies and leverages API integrations for various projects. Performs front-end debugging and troubleshooting
• Manages DNS records and phpMyAdmin as necessary to configure domains and manage databases.
• Designs and builds responsive wireframes, builds custom administrative experiences and leverages UX and UI expertise to provide feedback on site designs.
• Uses BitBucket, style guides and staging sites to ensure code consistency and recoverability.
• Builds custom WordPress templates and full customized WordPress themes.
• Continuously learns new technology, code and platforms as needed to maintain a strong knowledge base in this ever-evolving field.
• Pursues a specialization or extra skillset such as: advanced API integrations, advanced UX, digital design, animation, digital marketing support, SEO, etc
• Handles routine helpdesk support and works with other IS team members to resolve user information technology challenges; coordinates with vendors and other external partners to help resolve escalated issues accordingly.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in web design/development (relevant degree may be used in lieu of one year of experience)
• Computer science or web development related degree is preferred
• Proficiency in PHP
• Advanced experience with WordPress or other CMS (SharePoint, Drupal, etc.)
• Proficiency with UX/UI
• Experience working in different hosting control panels, including setting up databases and editing DNS settings
• Understanding of SEO best practice
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Project management and strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills: must be able to clearly communicate with users, teammates and management
• Creativity: uses new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
• Collaborative and positive attitude
• Customer/client focus
Office location is one block from the Silver Line. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to NASSP/HR,
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers