compensation: Per Session and (Hourly rate available while building client base) employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Health and Fitness
Position Title: Fitness Trainer
Classification: Full-Time or Part-Time Employment
The Fitness Trainer is responsible for providing quality Personal Training and Small Group Training designed to meet the needs of our members here at the J. The Fitness Trainer reports to the Fitness Manager.
• College degree in physical education or related field preferred
• Certification in one of the following preferred: National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council of Exercise (ACE), American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA), Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) or other approved nationally accredited organization
• Valid CPR/AED/First Aid certification
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared for their appointments
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Strong team player
• Must be in excellent physical condition
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
Essential Position Duties:
• Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
• Ability to lift 45-pound weight plates
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Maintains a strong client base by assisting in the renewal process of sessions as determined by the Fitness Manager
• Promotes all facility programs/activities by discussing other department areas that may assist members with a total facility experience
• Must keep current with facility calendar – programs, events and activities
• Participates in facility events, activities, and seminars when directed by management
• Helps ensure facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times
• Attends all scheduled meetings
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Pozez JCC of Northern Virginia (the J) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to build a strong and vibrant Jewish community through meaningful opportunities to engage in Jewish life. The J welcomes individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities, faiths and backgrounds. Our activities span five counties and touch more than 10,000 individuals each year through cultural, educational, wellness programs and Israel celebrations. We build Jewish connection, community and peoplehood with the 70,000+ Jews who call Northern Virginia their home.
The Pozez JCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the Pozez JCC are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers