• Act as a liaison to MDVA staff and a technical subject matter expert for the company's core business applications including AS/400 based EDI and G2 reporting.
• Provide end-user support, training, troubleshooting and documenting the IT business process and procedures.
• Develop a full understanding of the range of customer relationships and provide phone, online and in-person support to end-users (both internal and external) on the use of the enterprise applications.
• Administer user accounts for all enterprise internal and cloud applications.
• Research and resolve application features and issues.
• Provide timely follow-up and status reports to staff on all issues and inquires throughout the resolution process.
• Provide training to the end-users on the use of enterprise applications.
• Proactively monitor all applications and identify and escalate to management regarding potential issues or problems.
• Under manager's supervision, assist with enhancements, upgrades, patches and testing of applications according to established change management processes and procedures.
• Assist with review of business processes and recommend changes that will improve efficiencies and best business practices.
• Assist in developing and implementing data entry standards and guidelines; ensure adherence to these standards of the organization.
• Manage relationships with external software support contractors for enterprise application Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
• Assist with other technology projects on an as-needed basis.
• Other duties as required.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work affably and productively in teams.
• Proven track record of excellent customer service and professional client interactions.
• Experience in applying in-depth technical support and detailed product knowledge to resolve software issues in a customer support organization.
• Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
• Excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong process and documentation skills.
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
• May require occasional overtime and flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum two years' experience working in database/applications support in a production environment.
• Experience with accounting and ERP systems.
• Experience with AFS EDI and G2 reporting system desired.
• Experience with EDI and transaction processing systems.
• General understanding of relational database concepts, principles, structures and applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds (paper, A/V equipment, etc.). The employee is required to travel by car to company sites and industry events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer & office work), distance vision, color vision (A/V presentations), and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.