Linux command line experience is a must have. LAMP experience preferred.
QR Code Link to This Post
Available Shifts: 11PM- 7:30AM CST
Telecommute: This job is in Houston, TX. Ask about our Relocation bonus!
cPanel prides itself on offering data centers and administrators around the world with top rated support, solutions to unique problems, and ongoing support when utilizing cPanel & WHM for Linux. cPanel is looking for technical analysts that will provide great customer support, solutions, and results to data centers and web hosting providers around the world. cPanel's Technical Analysts are part of an elite group that have graduated from standard "help desk" support to a challenging career focused on supporting a single product.
This is what the job entails:
- Technical Performance: Practices the highest levels of competency, effective analysis, and documentation; uses technical knowledge to diagnose problems with systems when they occur while interacting with customers
- Maintains successful customer relationships by maintaining a feedback score of 9.00 or greater
- Maintains a high level of productivity
- Contributes to the company's and department's documentation efforts
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Linux command line experience is a must have. LAMP experience preferred
- Oral Communication -able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations to customers and employees
- Written Communication-able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Time Management -able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizing skills -able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability -able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer knowledge -computer proficiency, which includes knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate internet competently
- Problem solving skills -able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgement on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills -able to interact with co-workers and customers in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- Math ability -able to perform basic math operations; able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and rations and apply them to work related situations
- Technical skills -advanced technical skills which include:
- Mastery of web server related technologies such as: Apache, MySQL, PostGresSQL, PHP, Exim and other MTAs, Spam Assassin - configuration and troubleshooting, Bind, NSD,DNS, PureFTPD, ProFTPD, Tomcat, Mailman, mod_mono, SSL, Frontpage
- FreeBSD Advanced Knowledge - ability to install software via ports, CVSup
- Mastery of Linux related technologies such as: CentOS, RHEL, Shell commands and procedures
- Advanced use of package management systems such as Yum
- Ability to compile software such as the linux kernel, apache, and other packages from source code
- Mastery of cPanel software, configuration and implementation
- Education/Experience -
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- One to Two years of Linux/*nix/BSD system troubleshooting or a related certification (RHCE);
- One year of web hosting industry experience or other related work preferred
Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following skills:
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Configuration and troubleshooting of: cPanel & WHM
- Customer service experience
- WebHosting experience
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, L.L.C. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
So you've made it to the end and are probably thinking, "Free food, an awesome work environment, and doing what I love every day sounds pretty badass," right? If that's the case, then cPanel might be the perfect fit for you.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.
We can't wait to hear from you!