compensation: $33,000/year, plus benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
National Captioning Institute (NCI) is seeking a highly responsive, customer-service oriented individual to serve as Scheduler in our Voice Writing Department! This position may also be performed remotely.
WHAT THIS MEANS: The Scheduler develops the production schedule for Real-Time Closed Captioners (voice writers) for live television broadcasts. He/she will respond to last-minute and/or emergency changes to and find coverage for the real-time captioning program schedule, all while providing top-notch customer service.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday - Friday 3:30pm to 12am EST, Saturday 11am-7:30pm EST
LOCATION: Chantilly, VA (or remote)
• Bachelor’s degree OR Associate’s degree plus two (2) years of experience in production-oriented customer service/relations or administration OR a combined four (4) years of related education, training, and experience.
• Experience in/knowledge of captioning industry or broadcast.
OUR COMPANY: NCI is a mission-oriented nonprofit that has been around for 40 years. We set the standard for excellence in the closed captioning industry, and we continue to spearhead changes that will improve the viewer experience for consumers of closed captioning.
The National Captioning Institute offers:
• A friendly, casual work environment.
• A structured paid training program.
• Paid Leave/Vacation.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• The opportunity to provide a valuable service.
• Job Type: Full-time
• Salary: $33,000.00 /year
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities