Marshall Roofing, Siding & Windows is a top home improvement company based in Northern Virginia. The pinnacle principle at Marshall Roofing, Siding & Windows is to provide the highest level of customer service and 100% homeowner satisfaction. Our company believes that each and every homeowner deserves to receive a great value for their money.
We are in search of an experienced Roofing Technician to join our growing team! Are you interested in growing your trade? As a roofing technician, you'll perform roof inspections, provide customers with service estimates and help customers with their roofing service needs.
**Marshall Roofing is a smoke free company. Smoking on job sites or during work hours is prohibited.**
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the roofing technician is responsible for daily completion of estimates and scheduled roofing services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
o Ideal candidate should be skilled in flat, shake, shingle, slate, and metal roofing.
• Must have ability to climb ladders to access roofs and demonstrate minor "handyman" skills.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Must have a valid Driver's License.
• Must have the ability to learn, understand and apply new technology.
• Must possess the ability to communicate positively and clearly with supervisor, staff and customers.
• Represent yourself and Marshall Roofing, Siding & Windows in a professional manner with customers, staff, and community.
• Drive company vehicle from shop to work sites, transporting crew, material and equipment if required.
• Follow daily schedule provided by the Service Manager.
• Report job and material costs daily.
• Report any customer concerns to Service Manager.
• Assist lead technician in completing work orders in a timely and organized manner.
o Work orders will range from small repairs to midsize projects.
o Projects to include roof repairs, skylight installations, gutter replacements, siding and exterior trim repairs/replacements.
• Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle.
• Metal roof installation and cedar shake repairs not a requirement but preferred.
• Follow all safety and security standards and procedures out in the field.
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
• Inspect work sites to determine condition.
• Inspect problem roofs to determine the best install procedures.
• Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
• Assemble temporary equipment or structures.
• Estimate materials and labor required to complete roofing jobs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be comfortable with ladders up to 40-feet and heights.
• Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
• Considerable physical activity, must be able to stand long periods of time.
• Will have exposure to loud outside sounds and exposure to hot, humid, cold and sometimes rainy weather; some physical exertion that includes climbing.
• Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
• Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers