Do you like to do digital design? Do you like to work with SharePoint? Can you think outside of the box, and at the same time work in a fast-paced environment? Our client is a non-profit in Tysons Corner. Nearly 80% of Americans with significant disabilities can’t find jobs. Our clients’ mission is to create employment opportunities and choices for this exceptional workforce so that they, too, can realize the American Dream.
This position leads Design, and also performs analysis activities for our clients’ SharePoint Extranet and Intranet sites and serves as liaison between IT and business end-users. The candidate works closely with SharePoint Developers, content managers, and end-users to address content management and site creation/modification needs as well as troubleshoot issues reported by end users and the business. The Web Designer/SharePoint Analyst utilizes form and workflow to assist the business in streamlining operations when appropriate. The candidate must possess the aptitude to understand the capabilities and needs of landing pages, intranet web platforms, and websites along with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
• Proficiency coding HTML5 and CSS3 without the need for WYSIWYG editors
• Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
• Create original graphic designs for software applications, mobile apps, presentations, and online sites
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Adhere to style WCAG standards on fonts, colors, and images.
• Elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the needs of stakeholders. Interaction with content managers and business end users through content management training, requirements gathering, first line support, and general promotion of SharePoint business solutions.
• SharePoint site management responsibilities for all business units include but are not limited to:
o Automate/Digitize business processes by developing forms and workflows with Nintex.
o Manage division/business unit intranet site and review periodically for updates.
o Provide guidance to business units on structure of their sites utilizing SharePoint webparts.
o Customize and maintain business unit landing page to encourage traffic and user adoption.
o Create/manage/format Lists, libraries, and pages.
o Manage content types and permissions.
o Ensure and enforce SharePoint governance rules and adherence to provided standards and policies, e.g. governance, styling guidelines.
• Develop SharePoint user manuals, training materials and direct users to training material and resources available in the company.
• Deliver SharePoint tutorials and training to empower end users.
• Develop SharePoint page mockups.
• Plan and execute SharePoint system tests and coordinate user acceptance tests.
• Perform and document IT Controls Testing (user access, workflow, approvals).
• Perform additional duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of UI/UX design work experience, preferably including technical products for both technical and non-technical users (IT, software engineers, developers, etc.).
• Experience creating wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes is a must.
• Professional experience with UI/UX design work for both desktop, online and mobile platforms
• Teamwork capabilities, Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Experience in information design and data visualization, with a demonstrated ability to clearly express complex information.
• Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
• Creating sites, pages, lists, libraries, and out-of-the-box features.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to be highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Results oriented with capacity to work in a fast paced and business environment.
• Sound, strategic, creative thinker who can develop, understand and communicate vision.
• Nice to have the following specifications/skills:
o Specific experience in SharePoint Designer, SharePoint configuration, Forms design, and workflow.
o Specific experience using Nintex Forms and Workflow.
o SharePoint Power User/End User Support Specific Skills (Nice to have, but not required):
o Adhere to style Accessibility WCAG standards on fonts, colors and images
o Knowledge of Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 requirements
This will initially be a 4-6 month contract. Initially, all the work will be done remotely. Once the offices re-open, work will be on-site at our clients’ offices in Vienna/Tysons Virginia. The rate for the work will be $70-$95/hour based on level of experience.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU ARE NOT LOCAL TO THE GREATER DC AREA, AND ABLE TO BE IN THE OFFICE IN VIENNA VIRGINIA ON A DAILY BASIS ONCE OFFICES RE-OPEN.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your salary requirements as soon as possible.
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC area.
We work differently from most of our competition. We have been in both a position of hiring, mentoring and managing large staffs inside a corporate culture, as well as consultants for hire. This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business. We take the time to ensure our consultants/candidates placed will be successful.
We believe that because of our principals we have succeeded where others have failed. The recruiting/technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests – ask around … we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers