Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, English, Communications, or other related specialty and minimum of one-year work experience in technical concepts and language, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in proofreading and technical editing.
Experience in working with committees and/or volunteers preferred.
1. Strong organizational skills to work effectively in a team setting on concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Ability to write, analyze, and edit technical test questions and other materials for clarity, cognitive level, and appropriateness of technical content.
3. Ability to utilize relevant information in style guides and technical resource materials.
4. Strong spelling and proofreading skills with excellent attention to detail.
5. Ability to write collateral program materials for print and web.
6. Ability to make effective presentations to stakeholder groups.
7. Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to accomplish NICET goals and objectives.
8. Solid computer software skills, including database, internet, email, word processing, item authoring, and banking applications.
9. Ability to travel occasionally.
1. Assist with the development of new certification programs and maintenance of existing programs.
2. Follow the progress of assigned test development and maintenance projects, ensure that all assigned tasks have been completed according to NICET standards.
3. Understand and apply style guides. Update and maintain program-specific style guides.
4. Monitor test banks and edit test items to ensure that the item-editing process is completed in a timely manner, that content fits and fulfills approved test specifications, and that form and structure is consistent with psychometric standards, NICET standards, and American English standards of grammar and spelling.
5. Confirm that complete and accurate information about test items has been recorded in the test banking software.
6. Confirm that graphics are clear, owner approved for use and links to items have been correctly entered.
7. Coordinate the identification, approval, and listing of reference/resource materials. Find or confirm needed information in technical source materials.
8. Prepare written materials as needed in support of NICET marketing and other related functions
9. Provide guidance to stakeholders on the use of NICET certification programs.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities