QR Code Link to This Post
Systems Definition, Inc., (SDI) located in Alexandria, Virginia just south of 495, is currently seeking to add to its technical documentation team. We are a growing small business providing software development and technical services to federal agencies, government contractors, public sector agencies, and commercial organizations.
Our activities support initiatives for Defense, First Responder safety/accountability, aerospace, custom applications, and web technologies. We have developed innovative software applications to support First Responder safety and accountability activities, including applications used daily by FDNY and other U.S. fire departments. SDI’s focus is always on meeting customer requirements to ensure that their goals, deliverables, and deadlines are satisfied.
We are seeking a self-motivated technical writer/editor to support developing technical documents within computer science, spacecraft development, communications, and First Responder applications domains. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is required. The position requires interacting with scientists, engineers, and management personnel to identify documentation needs, create relevant documents quickly and accurately, and make modifications as necessary. A Bachelor Degree, or higher, in English, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent, is required. We are willing to take on a motivated grad with minimal experience.
The following attributes will lead to success in this position:
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading capabilities; effective editing skills are extremely relevant to this position
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients
- Curiosity/initiative to work with technical personnel/technical subjects
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to create and format documents using MS Word and presentations using PowerPoint
- Ability to create basic graphics
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets using MS Excel
- Existing DoD/SCI security clearance a plus or eligibility for a DoD security clearance
SDI provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and leave package, health and dental medical coverage, S-IRA retirement plan, performance bonuses, and more.
Systems Definition is an Equal Employment Employer. SDI provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Systems Definition is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
This position may require occasional non-local travel.
Please respond with resume and desired salary either to the craigslist link.