QR Code Link to This Post
Volt is currently seeking a technical writer to capture, write and edit standard operating procedures, processes, project documentation, intranet content, user guides, training materials, and other internal content. Candidate must be a collaborative team player who can evaluate, recommend, plan and execute technical content.The main function of a technical writer is to write technical materials, such as equipment materials, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Quickly adapt to change and revise documents accordingly
- Explain complex information and provide procedures in clear and concise manner to users with all different levels of technical experience
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Experience with writing online content
- Business process analysis experience
- Proficiency in screen capture software and instructional video software
- Familiarity with organizational change management and project management principles, and content management systems a plus
- BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.